Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Wildflowers

trashy diva wildflowers streetcar dress

I promise, I'm done styling my floral dresses after today... but I think I might've saved the best for last. Although Trashy Diva's Wildflowers Collection came out months ago, I've been waiting for the right occasion to wear this dress. I haven't always been drawn to a lot of TD's floral prints in the past, but this one is a real winner.

trashy diva wildflowers
sunflower
trashy diva

This is my first "Streetcar" style dress, and I'm totally in love. After looking at these photos (and consulting with Ashley), it seems like it needs a tiny bit of tailoring in the shoulders. But other than that, it's absolutely perfect in every way. I love the pussy bow detail (though I need to get better/faster at tying it) and I'm glad it's the kind of dress that I can easily wear with a cropped cardigan throughout the year. And even though I hate side zippers with a passion that burns brighter than the sun, I'm completely willing to overlook it with this dress – it's that good.

trashy diva streetcar
daisy brooch vintage
wildflower floral print dress
sunflowers rochester ny

When the sunflowers bloom in late August or early September, I usually head out to this one farmer's field located west of the city. But this year, his sunflowers didn't take! Fortunately, Wickham Farms held an event they called their Sunflower Spectacular, which featured 15 different varieties of sunflowers over five acres of land. Some were so tall that I felt like a little fairy! My mom and I had a delightful afternoon amongst the blooms. I'll definitely be going back next year.

wickham farms sunflower spectacular
Look how tall they were! (And I'm 5-foot-7!)
sunflowers
trashy diva
Outfit Details
Streetcar Dress in Wildflowers: Trashy Diva
Vintage daisy brooch: Trashy Diva (similar)
Flats: Aerosoles

floral dress
Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a gorgeous floral dress by Trashy Diva! Looks so beautiful on you to! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is PHENOMENAL on you (as I suspected it would)! Wow!! These colors are just so beautiful and I am quite a fan of this style too. Ahh so good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...